Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Accidents Happen!!

Last night we had a great student ministry meeting. We had a pretty creative game (I made it up) that fit in with the message of the night. We had a powerful message focusing on the work of Jesus, and we had a good worship time. The accident didn't happen until later though.

We had four students put their faith and trust in Christ last night. One of our leaders took a couple of student out for Ice Cream. One of those students and her brother were headed home late and got in an accident about a mile from the church. By the time I heard, I was already home. I jumped in the car and headed for the accident site.

So many times we (including myself) don't think accidents will happen to us. A few years back I was in a motorcycle accident. I wasn't driving reckless, but I wasn't wearing my helmet either. I was able to walk away with just a few scratches, a sore ankle, and some ripped jeans. I didn't hit anything and the accident was partly due to a mechanical failure. Still, accidents happen!!

Last night could have been worse. The students involved had only very minor injuries. Accidents can happen to any one at any time the question is, are you prepared? I believe and I hope that those two students, had the accident been worse, would have ended up in heaven. If an accident happens to you are you prepared? What if an accidents happens to one of your friends? Have done everything you reasonably could to make sure they are prepared? Those are tough questions, but important ones.

0 comments: